Friday, March 28, 2014

The Tilton Sister's Designs

The Tilton Sisters Marcy & Katherine are two of my favourite creative people I like to follow.
They have a website and blog that is full of fun exciting work and designs they accomplish together.
I am most appreciative of their continuing encouragement of others... the beginner & the creative advanced sewer alike. They promote and acknowledge every ones uniqueness!

Butterick 5891-Katherine Tilton. This all began in an attempt to use fabric I already had.  Right down to the lining and notions. I only had four beautiful large shell buttons and the two smaller ones. I was happier with the finished look than if I had gone out to purchase everything new! 

I had these cupped shell buttons and used the large and small together.
Design appliquéd on sections of the vest. I then cut away excess material. I love the frayed edges!
I used two fabrics to line the vest. The inside is just as important!

No comments:

Post a Comment